Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birdhouse Update

I made some Blue Bird Houses and put them up the week of New Year's. I can see each one in all four directions of my front porch.
I put this one up close to the porch in hopes that the silly little Carolina Wrens that are always investigating the porch will discover this house. And a couple of weeks ago, I got to observe just that! One Wren sat on the porch railing while the other one checked out the bird house. Last week, a Brownheaded Nuthatch discovered this birdhouse!

And a couple of days ago, I saw a male Bluebird fly over and sit on this one! I was heading out of the driveway on the way to work, so I didn't get to hang around to see if he explored his options in this house.Now the only one left is this one, just waiting for a Carolina Chickadee to check it out!

No comments: